For those suffering from plantar fasciitis may experience terrible heel pain as they get out of bed. After walking for approximately 10 minutes, the pain begins to subside. Then, they may feel constant pain throughout the day. Thankfully the experts at BioPed have come up with a few stretching technique to help combat the pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
THE ALPHABET STRETCH
This stretch is perfect for when your'e just getting out of bed in the morning.
1) Dangle your feet over the side of the bed making sure they do not touch the floor.
2) Imagining your big toe to be a pen, slowly write the alphabet from A to Z in the air.
3) Repeat on each foot.
THE STAIR STRETCH
Do this stretch throughout the day for lasting relief
1) Stand with both feet on the same stair.
2) Lower the affected heel below the level of the stair until you feel a stretch.
3) Keep your knee straight while holding the stretch for 20 seconds, rest for 5 seconds and repeat five times on each foot.This exercise should be completed twice daily.
For more information on how you can relieve your plantar fasciitis pain contact the specialists at BioPed in Barrie, Ontario